The Client: Stacy and John, physics professors at Weber State University, commissioned these cards for personal use and as gifts. They live on a farm and love their town and the college where they work.
The Project: They wanted to highlight Stacy’s favorite place to ride her horse, a favorite spot on the campus, and two of the iconic sites in Ogden itself.
The Process: Because Stacy and John live in Ogden and I’ve never been to Ogden, this was done through photographs. John sent me photos of Stacy’s favorite place to ride her horse, the campus clock, and a number of iconic Ogden views. I learned that Ogden is a pretty place.
The Highlight: For me, the highlight was being able to capture what the clients wanted and to discover how full of color and light Ogden is. John posted the cards on Facebook with the following: “Look everyone, it’s our town! Thank you Katherine Starkey! They are amazing!”
Signature Notecard Pricing: Individual Cards
- RETAIL price is $4.50/SQUARE Notecard + Shipping.
- 8 Notecard Minimum
- RETAIL price is $4.75/RECTANGLE Notecard + Shipping.
- 8 Notecard Minimum
- WHOLESALE prices available for retail outlets.
- Minimum orders apply.
- Shipping NOT included.
- PROTECTIVE SHEATHS add $.25 to each notecard.
- For RETAIL use.
- For EVENT use.
Signature Boxed Pricing:
BOXED SQUARE CARDS:
- Box of 8 SQUARE Notecards/Envelopes is $36.00 + Shipping.
- Box of 8 RECTANGLE Notecards/Envelopes is $38.00 + Shipping.
- Box of 10 SQUARE Notecards/Envelopes is $45.00 + Shipping.
- Box of 10 RECTANGLE Notecards/Envelopes is $47.50 + Shipping
- Box of 12 SQUARE Notecards/Envelopes is $54.00 + Shipping.
- Box of 12 RECTANGLE Notecards/Envelopes is $57.00 + Shipping.
- MIX & MATCH Boxes Available.
- PREVIEW SHEETS can be customized. Prices vary.
There are 4 components to pricing your custom project:
- Custom Design Creation. Factors affecting this include the number of desired designs, the design complexity, and needed preview designs.
- Logo Placement if desired.
- Quantity of Notecards Ordered. There is no minimum order size and you can re-order additional quantity of your design at any time.
- The Cost of Card Materials.
Costs, deposits, and deadlines are agreed upon before work begins.
To discuss your project, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ordering Signature Starkey Cards:
- Pick the notecards you’d like. Identify them by their titles.
- Email us at email@example.com. Ask questions if you have any. If you'd prefer a phone call, let us know. If you know what you want, list individual card titles or collections.
- You’ll receive an invoice after the cards have shipped.
- I accept PayPal (Credit Cards work there), checks, and Venmo.
Ordering Custom Design Cards:
- Scroll through the available Custom Design samples.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ask questions. If you'd prefer a phone call, let us know.
- Katherine will contact you to discuss the design, costs, and timing.
- You'll get a chance to review all cards before printing.
- A deposit will be required.
- A final invoice will be sent when the cards are shipped.
- I accept PayPal (Credit Cards work there), checks, or Venmo.
In creating Starkey Cards, I learned about business plans, business models, and mission statements. But the truth is I focused on the paper. Rich, thick paper makes my images look like the woodcut prints I once designed.
I wanted our notecards to be American made and renewable and unique in shape and acid free.
- The card stock, envelopes, and business cards are all American made and hail from California, the Carolinas, and Rhode Island.
- The card stock is heavy. It weighs 220 grams per square meter. That’s a lot.
- All the paper is 100% renewable cotton. The business cards are made from old t-Shirts.
- The protective sheaths are biodegradable.
- SQUARE notecards are 5 & 1/4 x 5 & 1/4 inches.
- RECTANGLE notecards are 5 & 7/8 x 4 & 9/16 inches.
- The card stock is archival and acid free. The notecards are done on museum quality paper that will last. The images will endure. You could frame them.