The Client: The owner & manager of the Hotel Puerto de Luna in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico commissioned this project. It is a lovely niche hotel offering quiet, a close walk to the beach, and a place for guest pets. Murals, gardens, and condos are available for long and short stays.
The Project: The hotel owner (a stationery addict herself) wanted a collection of notecards featuring the iconic images around the hotel. She wanted one card to emphasize the pet-friendly aspect of the place. a back preview sheet, and the the hotel logo on the back of each card. The notecard collections are gifts for returning guests.
The Process: I met with the owner and toured the grounds during a visit to Puerto Vallarta. When I returned home, I sent each draft to her for approval until the set was complete.
The Highlight: I visit Puerto Vallarta almost every winter and stay across the street from the Hotel Puerto de Luna. I’d never noticed it before this commission. Touring the hotel opened up a world I never knew existed. It’s a beautiful little hotel.
Signature Notecard Pricing: Individual Cards
- RETAIL price is $4.50/SQUARE Notecard + Shipping.
- RETAIL price is $4.75/RECTANGLE Notecard + Shipping.
- WHOLESALE prices available for retail outlets.
- Minimum orders apply.
- Shipping NOT included.
- PROTECTIVE SHEATHS add $.25 to each notecard.
- For RETAIL use.
- For EVENT use.
Signature Boxed Pricing:
BOXED SQUARE CARDS:
- Box of 8 SQUARE Notecards/Envelopes is $36.00 + Shipping.
- Box of 8 RECTANGLE Notecards/Envelopes is $38.00 + Shipping.
- Box of 10 SQUARE Notecards/Envelopes is $45.00 + Shipping.
- Box of 10 RECTANGLE Notecards/Envelopes is $47.50 + Shipping
- Box of 12 SQUARE Notecards/Envelopes is $54.00 + Shipping.
- Box of 12 RECTANGLE Notecards/Envelopes is $57.00 + Shipping.
- MIX & MATCH Boxes Available.
- PREVIEW SHEETS can be customized. Prices vary.
There are 4 components to pricing your custom project:
- Custom Design Creation. Factors affecting this include the number of desired designs, the design complexity, and needed preview designs.
- Logo Placement if desired.
- Quantity of Notecards Ordered. There is no minimum order size and you can re-order additional quantity of your design at any time.
- The Cost of Card Materials.
Costs, deposits, and deadlines are agreed upon before work begins.
To discuss your project, contact email@example.com.
Ordering Signature Starkey Cards:
- Pick the notecards you’d like. Identify them by their titles.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ask questions if you have any. If you'd prefer a phone call, let us know. If you know what you want, list individual card titles or collections.
- You’ll receive an invoice after the cards have shipped.
- I accept PayPal (Credit Cards work there), checks, and Venmo.
Ordering Custom Design Cards:
- Scroll through the available Custom Design samples.
- Email us at email@example.com. Ask questions. If you'd prefer a phone call, let us know.
- Katherine will contact you to discuss the design, costs, and timing.
- You'll get a chance to review all cards before printing.
- A deposit will be required.
- A final invoice will be sent when the cards are shipped.
- I accept PayPal (Credit Cards work there), checks, or Venmo.
In creating Starkey Cards, I learned about business plans, business models, and mission statements. But the truth is I focused on the paper. Rich, thick paper makes my images look like the woodcut prints I once designed.
I wanted our notecards to be American made and renewable and unique in shape and acid free.
- The card stock, envelopes, and business cards are all American made and hail from California, the Carolinas, and Rhode Island.
- The card stock is heavy. It weighs 220 grams per square meter. That’s a lot.
- All the paper is 100% renewable cotton. The business cards are made from old t-Shirts.
- The protective sheaths are biodegradable.
- SQUARE notecards are 5 & 1/4 x 5 & 1/4 inches.
- RECTANGLE notecards are 5 & 7/8 x 4 & 9/16 inches.
- The card stock is archival and acid free. The notecards are done on museum quality paper that will last. The images will endure. You could frame them.