That’s the Los Muertos Pier in Puerto Vallarta. Normally we are in Vallarta at this time of the year. We have several friends down there now. We couldn’t make it this year. Hopefully it will work out next year and that will make me happy.
In the meantime, it’s snowing here again. It’s pretty, but I’ve had enough snow. I’m not sure we’ll ever see our front lawn again. Northern exposures are not a good idea.
I had a nasty computer problem last week. It took me several days and lots of experimenting, but I recovered the crucial lost folder. I hate it when my technical abilities keep me from solving problems, but I love it when I figure something out. This time I learned how to recover a folder. That makes me happy.
Seems like that’s a good place to start the next section of my Happy List.
Happy List, Park 5:
108. Learning how to recover a lost folder on my laptop.
109. Talking to any one of our kids.
110. The Bill Murray Super Bowl ad about Groundhog Day.
111. The movie Groundhog Day.
112. The halftime show at the last Super Bowl.
113. My ant notecard. It’s also “A is for Ant” in the square alphabet poster I’m working on.
114. Stagecoach, the movie. Especially the one with John Wayne. I like the other one too. I bumped into Ann Margaret in a restroom near Central City when they were filming that version of the movie. She was in a mustard colored dress. Her voice was amazing. She was beautiful. I barely joked out a greeting. I still like the John Wayne version better though.
115. Memories of snow days when we taught. Sometimes we got to school and ended up driving students home.
116. Making it to the gym when it is snowy and cold outside.
117. Going up on my weights at the gym.
118. Deleting emails.
119. Emailing with my “email friends”–Janet, Joe & Carol, Terry & Eric.
120. Brooklyn’s cameo spot in the Michael Ude music video.
121. The episode of No Passport Needed (Marcus Samuelson) about the south side of Philly.
122. Checking on the lilac & honeysuckle bushes outside the window of the room where I work in the mornings. Part of one of our ash trees shows and beyond that there is a street and a small park with an elementary school on the other side. Various birds migrate through my window view. The rosy finches are due soon. They are so bright against the snowy boughs. I love them.
123. Days where there’s no place I need to go.
124. Learning a former student is a professional pool player. He just won an 8 ball championship in Wyoming.
125. Robbie Robertson and Eric Clapton playing together in the movie The Last Waltz.
126. Baking bread.
127. Being done with our taxes. Not happy about the outcome. Just happy they are done.
128. Finally getting the templates done for the two rectangular alphabet posters.
129. Being able to knit again after all the elbow problems.
130. Knitting a lace pattern that challenges my brain, but the motion of the needles is smooth and easy.
That’s enough for now. Stay happy out there.