The Client: The owner & manager of the Hotel Puerto de Luna in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico commissioned this project. It is a lovely niche hotel offering quiet, a close walk to the beach, and a place for their pets. Murals, gardens, and condos are available for long and short stays.
The Project: The hotel owner (a stationery addict herself) wanted A Standard Collection of notecards featuring the iconic images around the hotel. She wanted one card to emphasize the pet-friendly aspect of the place. a back preview sheet, and the the hotel logo on the back of each card. The notecard collections are gifts for returning guests.
The Process: I met with the owner and toured the grounds during a visit to Puerto Vallarta. When I returned home, I sent each draft to her for approval until the set was complete.
The Highlight: I visit Puerto Vallarta almost every winter and stay across the street from the Hotel Puerto de Luna. I’d never noticed it before this commission. Touring the hotel opened up a world I never knew existed. It’s a beautiful little hotel.
Signature Notecard Pricing: Boxed Collections
STANDARD BOX details:
- 4 designs, 8 notecards & envelopes included
- 1 design, 8 notecards & envelops included with Christmas & Hanukkah cards
- WHOLESALE price is $16.00/Box + Shipping. 12 Box Minimum Order.
- RETAIL price is $30.00/Box + Shipping
A DELUXE BOX includes:
- 1, 4 or 6 designs, 12 notecards & envelopes included
- WHOLESALE price is $24.00/Box + Shipping. 12 Box Minimum Order.
- RETAIL price is $45.00/Box + Shipping.
Signature Notecard Pricing: Individual Cards
SHEATHED OR NAKED INDIVIDUAL NOTECARDS: Individual notecards arrive in clear sheaths to keep them pristine. Naked notecards come without the sheaths, but are boxed for protection.
INDIVIDUAL SHEATHED NOTECARDS:
- WHOLESALE price is $2.25/Sheathed Notecard + shipping. 96 Notecard Minimum Order.
- RETAIL price is $4.50/Sheathed Notecard + Shipping. 8 Notecard Minimum Order.
INDIVIDUAL NAKED NOTECARDS:
- WHOLESALE price is $2.00/Notecard + Shipping. 96 Notecard Minimum Order.
- RETAIL price is $4.00/Notecard + Shipping. 8 Notecard Minimum Order.
There are 4 components to pricing your custom project:
- Custom Design Creation. Factors affecting this include the number of desired designs, the design complexity, and needed preview designs.
- Logo Placement if desired.
- Quantity of Notecards Ordered. There is no minimum order size and you can re-order additional quantity of your design at any time.
- The Cost of Card Materials.
Costs, deposits, and deadlines are agreed upon before work begins.
To discuss your project, contact email@example.com.
Ordering Signature Starkey Cards:
- Scroll through the available Signature Designs.
- Make a note of which individual cards or which boxed collections you would like.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ask questions if you have any. If you'd prefer a phone call, let us know. If you know what you want, list individual card titles or collections. We will send a confirmation before your order is printed.
- Pay the PayPal invoice you receive and your cards will be shipped. I also take checks. Retail dealers may use direct deposit.
Ordering Custom Design Cards:
- Scroll through the available Custom Design samples.
- Email us at email@example.com. Ask questions. If you'd prefer a phone call, let us know.
- Katherine will contact you to discuss the design, costs, and timing.
- You'll get a chance to review all cards before printing.
- A deposit will be required.
- Pay the PayPal invoice or opt for a check payment and your cards will be shipped.
In creating Starkey Cards, we learned about business plans, business models, and mission statements. But the truth is that we focused on the paper. The images would not look like woodcut prints without rich and thick paper.
In addition to the rich quality of the paper, we wanted our notecards to be American made and renewable and unique in shape and acid free. We found it.
- The card stock, envelopes, and business cards are all American made and hail from California, the Carolinas, and Rhode Island.
- The card stock is heavy. It weighs 220 grams per square meter. That’s a lot.
- All the paper is 100% renewable cotton. The business cards are made from old t-Shirts and that tickles me.
- The notecards are square and not the usual rectangles. Each card is a 5.25 inch square.
- The card stock is archival and acid free. The notecards are done on museum quality paper that will last. The images will endure. You could frame them.