It’s All About the Design & the Paper
I’m Katherine Starkey. I’m an artist and a stationery addict. Starkey Cards was a way for me to meld the images I draw to paper I love.
My morning meditations are two inch square drawings I do with a black ballpoint pen on pamphlet paper. The notecards start there. I play with lines, shape and angles each morning. The drawings are bold and looked at chronologically, they tell the story of my life over the last several years.
When I transform the drawings into notecards, they change. A rawness is gone, but some gain color and all gain a precision my morning sketches lack. Most of the cards try to capture the essence of a place. Most begin because I’ve fallen in love with an image somewhere and just started drawing it in subsequent mornings.
Mostly the designs are unique whether they start with me or start with a commission for others. My designs, my notecards, look different than others.
I’ve collected notecards from places I love my whole life because I love paper. I can’t help it. I can still recall the delicious smell of a brand new Big Chief Tablet when I was a kid.
In creating Starkey Cards, I learned about business plans, business models, and mission statements. But the truth is that I focused on the paper. I knew I could never do this without paper I loved.
I wanted my paper to be American made, heavy, renewable, unique in shape, and acid free. I found it. Check the Card Stock Tab for details.
Signature Designs are the notecards I’ve designed and are ready to go. Just pick what you want and send me an email with your order details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual Cards & Boxed Collections work wonderfully for the following:
- Retail Stores where stationery addicts shop (bookstores, destination gift shops, museum gift shops, hotel and resort gift shops)
- Corporate Gifts during the winter holiday season
- Welcome Bag Gifts at business conventions and destination weddings
- Wedding Gifts for ceremony participants or for any paper-loving couple
- Table Favors for wedding, anniversary, or birthday guests
- Personal Gifts for friends and family
- Stationery Addicts who never ever have enough paper products in their paper stashes
Scroll through the Signature Designs and see what’s available. Checks the tabs there to learn about pricing and ordering.
Custom Designs are the notecards we create together based on your needs. You decide the subject matter and I create images for your approval before the cards are printed. It’s a collaborative process.
Individual Notecards & Boxed Collections work wonderfully for the following:
- Hotel Gifts for VIP guests. Create a design of a hotel itself or of the hotel location for guests who return over and over again.
- Corporate Gifts. Create Individual Notecards representing your business to send during the winter holidays or create a Boxed Collection for bigger gifts.
- Birthday or Holiday Gifts. Create personal notecards for people you love based on their passions.
- Table Favors. Create beautiful table decorations by adding an individual notecard to each place setting.
- Welcome Bag Gifts. Create designs that match the places where important events take place (DMC events, conventions, trade fairs, weddings, anniversaries, reunions)
- Client Appreciation. Create designs representing your company for thanking important business partners.
Scroll through the Custom Designs to see samples. Check the tabs there to learn about pricing and ordering.